Guardians Audition Camp
Time & Location:
Food IS included.
4.5-5 meals are included with registration and attendance to this audition/experience camp event.
Participants 18+ are allowed to leave campus during meal time to get food, as long as they are back to the campus and in attendance of the next block/sleep on-time. Minors we ask stay on campus unless accompanied by a designated guardian.
You will be asked via email and at registration for any needed food accomodations or allergies. Guardians will do their best to meet the needs of all medically necessary food accomodations, as well as vegetarian diets. GDBC cannot guarantee the needs being met of a traditional vegan diet.
What do I bring?
We will email you a packing list! Make sure you enter a good email when registering!
Students may sleep on:
- Air Mattresses* - (most common) Please bring sizes smaller than "queen", if possible.
- Cots* - They must have non-scuffing feet(as-in rubber instead of metal), or have a towel or two to place under the feet of cot. Some people even use tennis balls, pool noodles/pipe insulation, or ace bandages to cover the bottom!)
- Sleeping Mats - Sometimes slightly inflatable, or made of foam, mats are one of the most compact options.
- Sleeping Bags, or any other preferred way to sleep on a GYM FLOOR.
*We ask that you attempt to bring sleeping gear that is of a more "personal size"(mostly referring to sizes individual/single/twin/full). We also understand the need for different sizes based on the size of the user, so it is requested that you use your best judgement and consider that we want there to be as much space for everyone as possible.
- There will be access to locker rooms and showers. Shower availability/times are determined by age group(s). If you have a need for any accomodations with showers/bathrooms, please let us know. We appreciate any heads up we can get in order to get any accomodations covered. Send requests along with your registration ticket to email@example.com. We will do our best to honor any other requests made within 24 hours of the camp.
- Local participants are allowed to go home to sleep and return in the morning if they wish to do so.
- Participants are allowed to secure offsite housing. We require any students ages 17 and younger stay on campus unless accompanied by a parent/guardian, or directly expressed by a parent/guardian.
There is a medical and COVID policy that will be enforced at this camp.
- At this time, we do not require our participants to be vaccinated for COVID-19, although it is highly encouraged.
- For the safety of all participants attending and their families, we ask that those who have not been vaccinated(and encourage those who have been vaccinated to do as well) get tested for COVID-19 within 72 hours of the camp. You may get it done independently or onsite at the GuardiansDBC camp for a $10 fee(see tickets for event). This is a rapid test with results becoming available after 15 min.
- We ask that participants all come with a mask. Some facilities may request usage of masks at certain times, and we want to be prepared for that possibility. If you are exhibiting consistent minor symptoms of illness, we reserve the right to ask you to utilize a mask, and in some cases, ask that you submit to a COVID-19 test before continued participation. These will be provided to you in such a case.
- Participants will need to have a signed medical release form(must be 18+ or a legal parent/guardian to sign) which will be sent out the week before the camp. This will be submitted digitally via the application "DocuSign", so it can be signed and submitted remotely. You will not be able to participate with out the completion of this form.
- Brass$120+$3 Service fee$120+$3 Service fee0$0
- Percussion$120+$3 Service fee$120+$3 Service fee0$0
- Guard$120+$3 Service fee$120+$3 Service fee0$0